• In the Spotlight:

Anyone have a suggestion for a baby with colic?

I am frazzled and the doctor said oh about 6 months it should go away. I can't wait 2 more months. help!

Trish0704

Asked by Trish0704 at 9:15 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• gripe water?
    em9x

Answer by em9x at 9:19 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• My baby had it bad, but i think it was only gas, so i got those bottles with the plastic inserts and you push the air out. It seemed to help her sleep better.
    infor2

Answer by infor2 at 9:34 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• My baby has it too hunny! so dont think your alone! I use the Dr. Browns bottles now! they are really helping! and there is this stuff called gripe water for colic! you can google it if you dont know what it is!!!!! ITS GREAT!!!!! oh yeah and anotherr thing! i googled "what helps sooth colicy babys" and it said to brew camamill tea and put some kayro syrup in it! it works as a seditve!!! it made my son feel ALOT better!!! and gettin a ziploc bbag and filling it with hot/warm water!(as hot as you think your baby can handle it! and put it on his tummy! i hope this helps!!!
    mommy2b421

Answer by mommy2b421 at 10:01 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• "The Happiest Baby on the Block," by Dr. Harvey Karp. We used to swaddle our son and bounce him on an exercise ball. Once he outgrew being swaddled, we would just bounce on the ball. He loved it.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 10:01 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Have you tried white noise and infant massage?
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:49 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• oh, gosh, i hear ya!!!!
    i use gripewater, by Babybliss. its amazing!! my son gets terrible gas, and that helps a lot. is the colic from gas? mylicon works, but i don't like using it anymore. try bicycling your child's legs. or tummy massage helps get gas out. good luck and it'll pass.
    odinsmom19

Answer by odinsmom19 at 10:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• My baby's not here yet, but one of my friends told me about her son having colic and the only thing that she could do to help was give him gas drops. Hope you find a solution soon!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:59 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• a baby sitter and ear plugs. i'm serious. some babies just cry and cry and out grow it. my daughter could not be consoled untill she was 3 months old. take a brake from baby if you start to feel really stressed.
    3rdtymsthecharm

Answer by 3rdtymsthecharm at 11:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2008