Does it annoy you to be called ___'s Mom or ____'s wife/so

Yes, I know you are both your child's mother and your husband's wife but does it annoy you to be called such, do you correct people with your name?

zoejains_momma

Asked by zoejains_momma at 2:12 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Just for Fun

• It never bothers me to be my kids' mom.

It doesn't bother me to be my husband's wife with his co-workers or friends I've never (or seldom) met.

I hate it , however, when these people never bother to learn my name or anything about me and continue to refer to me as "John's wife" for months or years. This is especially true with his family, but they are very old-fashioned and I swear most of the time, I am a thing that just exists to produce kids and watch/care for them while he socialises with them and does whatever he wants. Oh, and do any cooking or cleaning and if I'm lucky, crafts. Not to have my own interests, an important job (well, I don't right now, but I did), an opinion, or to be entertained, talked to or taken into account, or maybe relax while he watches the kids sometimes.

Then I start having an issue and asserting my Tracyhood. It is not pretty, people. Just treat me right to start with. LOL!
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 2:33 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• No, I am proud to be my husband's wife and my children's mother.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:13 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Not at all! I'm a proud mommy and wife and wear my titles like a crown lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:16 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Doesn't bother me a bit - I've got many hats and don't mind being called by any of them.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 2:16 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• It annoys me if an adult with whom I'm already acquainted calls me that. I prefer my name be used if the other people know it and aren't say, the hubbys boss or the kids teacher. I think its because I've spent my life being Her Sister, then became Her Mom, then His Wife. I've spent a lot of time searching for my own identity; I don't want it taken back!
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 2:18 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Could be called much worse. Not one that bothers me.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 2:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• No because people usually just call me by my name.

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 2:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Nope! I am blah-blah-blah's wife or mother so I don't mind. Although I give a friendly reminder of my name.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 2:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• LOL, no..not really. I'm just accustomed to it I guess.I like to joke and say, I have no name..I'm just Joshs mom,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Nope. I like it better that way. The people that know my name are the only one's I want bugging me when they see me out in public. It's less likely that an annoying colleague of my DH's or a schoolmate of my kids is going to yell out in a store "hey ___'s mom! hey ___'s wife!" lol
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 2:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2011