What do you think?

do you think what name a parent gives their child determines if they'll be made fun of/bullied or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• No.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:19 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Yeah, I think so..
    zombiemommy7

Answer by zombiemommy7 at 2:20 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Kids will tease kids no matter what. I named my kids what I wanted to name them. My moms friend had the nerve to tell me not to name my first Wesley because there was no doubt he'd be made fun of. He's nearly 8....hasn't been laughed at yet!
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 2:20 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I' like to say that it wont, but kids can be mean and will tease and make fun of names that are different. (personal experience)
    dimpsedee34me

Answer by dimpsedee34me at 2:21 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Sometimes. I knew a guy in high school who was named Chase Dicks. I cannot begin to tell you the crap he got for it, sadly.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:25 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I had a good answer planned out in my head..then I read LovingSAHMommy's answer and my thought went straight out the window..LMAO! OMG who in thier right mind would name thier son Chase Dicks??????/hahahahahaha
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:28 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Sometimes, yes, sometimes, no. I have known a Matt, a John, and an Andrew that were terribly tortured and made fun of. I have known a Cleulio that was superhot and sought after by friends and women.

It is the person who gets made fun of . . . the name is just the bullet.

Kids are really mean.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 2:35 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• i only ask this because i kinda think the name Vincent Estuardo will get made fun of....but thats just me...i saw that name on one of the other sites i go on
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:36 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I'm sure Marijuana Pepsi (real lady up in Wisconsin) got made fun of a lot. And I know a guy named Dick Nailor who gets teased for having a porn name. But I don't think Vincent would be teased for his name, and who really ever knows anyone's middle names anyway? I think it's more the really kre8yve names that get kids teased.
    CDMelty

Answer by CDMelty at 4:03 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Some names to seem to entice bullies.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:42 PM on Apr. 5, 2011