This is my idea... does this sound cute and different

I want to get married but I want a small and sweet yet simple wedding this year... but my SO wants a semi big wedding so I thought maybe do a small & simple one this year then next year go all out :) does this sound like a 50/50

proudmommy_0811

Asked by proudmommy_0811 at 2:23 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• sounds like a lot of wasted money doing two things at once. I say a small wedding and a large reception
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• If you do a small wedding now with a big party later, it doesn't look like a compromise - it just looks like you get your way, as the party in a year won't be your wedding.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 2:26 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• we were married in our kitchen with just his parents, my kids, the officiant and his wife. Next year for our 5 year, we will have a "public" wedding for our friends to attend. We get asked often by them if we ever are going to, so yup, we will!
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 2:28 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I would do a medium, nice sweet sized wedding and have a big kick ass reception if it were me. I wouldn't want to waste the money on two different weddings..that's just a little silly to me.
    babygurl162469

Answer by babygurl162469 at 2:58 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• A friend had a tiny wedding and reception at a booked hall. He followed up with a giant backyard party that everyone and their monkey attended. It worked well for everyone. That is what I would do in your situation.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 3:16 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• i like that idea so the both of you can have wat you want
    young18

Answer by young18 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• i would do a small wedding and an an all out reception.
    staceyh808

Answer by staceyh808 at 3:43 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Why not have a big wedding and small reception, or vice versa? Instead of doing 2 weddings?
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 2:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I think you need to come up with a compromise. People are not going to want to go to your wedding twice!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:26 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Sounds like a good plan. We did a small wedding and combined it with our honeymoon (wedding was included in the package) and came back and had a huge family/friend brunch (elegant but lots less expensive to serve breakfast than dinner) and we still got gifts!
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 2:27 PM on Apr. 5, 2011