What is the best exercises for flabby underarms while losing weight?

I am trying to lose weight. I have been dieting and walking on my treadmill. I want to have nice arms when I get to my goal weight so that I can feel comfortable wearing a tank top. What is the best exercises to do to prevent flabby underarms?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• You can build and tone the tricep with weights but that isn't going to melt the fat away, so make sure you keep up on the cardio to lose the fat overall....then add the strength training, tricep kickbacks, tricep extensions and tricep dips are excellent...

Tricep kickbacks and holding your arms tucking into your sides (elbows bent) and kicking the lower arm back behind you, then returning.
    A Tricep extension is when you hold a weight with both or one of your arms above your head and keeping your upper arm straight, bending your elbow/lower arm behind your head, then back up

And a tricep dip is when you start sitting on a chair and put your hands down, palms flat, fingers facing in front of you.....then you scoot yourself off the chair and lower your body down by bending your elbow, dipping down as far as you can go then back up....looks like doing a pushup backwards
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:31 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• 5 lb. free weights.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:53 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I agree w/ Mom2Jack...work on triceps (I do both the kickbacks and dips with a weight in my lap)as well as skull crushers - lie on your back holding a weight in both hands with your arms straight up. Slowly lower the weight to right above your head bending your arms at the elbow. To balance it out, make sure you're doing shoulder and biceps as well. Google arm exercises to find some instructional videos on proper form too. Definitely continue to work on cardio b/c that's really the only way to lose the flab but if you incorporate arm work when you do lose it, you'll have killer arms!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 3:32 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Push-ups actually work amazingly. You can target which muscles get worked by positioning your wrist and the placement of your hands. For example, if you put your hard right in front of your chest, it will work your triceps more, and if you put your hands further apart, more towards the outside of your chest, it will work your pectorals AND biceps more. :-)
    Molly4630

Answer by Molly4630 at 4:47 PM on Apr. 5, 2011