Help with my 8 month old eating.

I need some help! My 8 month old has been a fantasic eater since she was 4 months. She has always eaten whatever I've given her. Now all of the sudden she refuses baby food and spits everything given to her out. I've tried to give her things she can self feed herself, but nothing seems to be working. Any ideas?

hornz102485

Asked by hornz102485 at 2:46 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Table food? EAsy stuff, mashed potato, apple sauce, ? Mine is 11mths and going through the same phaze, he loves rice and potato and pancakes but thats all he eats,, oh and the gerber cheese puffs in the can. It's a phase dont worry just keep giving her her bottle!
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 3:19 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• She may just be going through a phase. Its frustrating when they do that, lol. There were times I thought my daughter was on the verge of starving herself then she'd chow down like crazy for 3 days in a row and then have a growth spurt.
    Just continue what your doing..formula/breastmilk...offering a variety of foods. Try more table foods than baby food..maybe she's beginning to outgrow the taste for them. My daughter refused to eat baby food so I had given her things like cottage cheese, scrambled egg yolk,toast,mashed up avacodo,and a lot of times I just really mashed up/cut up what we were eating and she ate that...sometimes she'd only actually get one bite IN her..but it worked,lol.
    Good Luck..and try not to worry too much!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:37 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Follow her lead. Offer her table foods, and if she refuses, it's OK. Sometimes, babies eat less when they're teething or getting a cold, etc. As long as she's nursing well/taking decent amounts in bottle, it's ok.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:23 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Mine did the same...she refuses baby food and will only eat real food! I dont even know how she knows the difference...but she does! Try cutting up food you eat into small pieces...
    LiviLove613

Answer by LiviLove613 at 5:52 PM on Apr. 5, 2011