If you were unhappy living in a state without any family or friends, what would you do?

We have lived in Atlanta for four years now, my husband got a job with the city of atlanta so we moved here from Milwaukee, WI. We have no family or friends here and I am still unhappy after four years. I just want to pack my things and go but we have a son and my son needs his father. We recently got qualified for a home, I was excited but that means we have to stay here even longer. I am not sure what to do. I am stressed, stressed, and more stressed. I mean I know after you have kids you live for them but my son is even unhappy. He has no one to play with other than classmates and I think my unhappiness is rubbing off on him. I need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Home & Garden

• How old is your son? Find a moms group in your area. Churches in the area probably have mops group and there is most likely a mom group on cafemom for atlanta. Try to step out and make some friends.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 9:26 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Join some mom groups, find new hobbies to meet people, when/if your son starts to particpate in sports other activities, you will hopefully meet some new friends this way, and if its something that can be done, try to spend summers back in Atlanta with families.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:41 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Are you at SAHM or do you work out side the home? I ask because if you can maybe you could volunteer at the school. It's a great way to meet other parents and get involved. I'm sorry you're so unhappy. I believe our children pick up on that so do your best to find something to do. Being busy will take your mind off your unhappiness and it will create new opportunities for you to meet more people. PP's are right...try to find Moms group or a Church group would be great also. Good Luck and {{HUGS}}
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 12:18 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• First of all I feel your pain. Having said that you really need to curb your sadness in front of your son. He should feel free to make friends and have a life. I would try joing mothers groups or church groups or vouluteer your time as a way of making friends...they wont come to your door so you will have to bite the bullet and put forth the effort. I know this is sometimes hard to do but you must try....bloom where you are planted. You only get one life and if you must be there for now then do your best to make the most of your circumstances for the time being.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:18 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Search for a group that is in your area. I met quite a few very nice women in a Tucson Group right here on cafemom. You will never be happy if you don't get out and meet people!!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:35 PM on Nov. 30, 2008