No sex drive after tubal surgery. Is this normal?? adult content

I don't have any medical insurance or I would have gone ages before now to the doctor. I am almost a full year past my tubal surgery. I have absolutely no sex drive and it hurts EVERY TIME we do have sex. Pain during intercourse is enough in itself to not want sex on a regular basis. I MISS sex. I miss my husband. Has anyone gone through this?

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 2:53 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Health

• yes I did. I didn't have pain, but my drive was seriously decreases, and reaching orgasm is much harder. I had mine done almost 12 years ago, and it never got any better. and the pains I have every month right around ovulation (I'm told they are all in my head) never went away either.
    I was told to go and see a shrink about it, I was already seeing one to deal with another issue. When I told my shrink that my pains and all were now HIS problem to deal with, you should have seen the look on his face! his response was 'for gods sake, even I can tell them that this issue is cyclic! you get the pains about every 4 weeks!!!!'
    don't let anyone tell you it's all in your head it's not. They probably just don't want to have to address the idea that this surgery can have such bad side affects.

I went to acupuncture and that helped a lot.
    cont
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 3:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• cont
    wish i could give you good news from personal experience, but I can't. I regret that surgery every day since I had it done.

hate to tell you this, but the problems you have now are probably with you to stay. maybe you can try different positions, but it's probably a case of what's done is done. I know you said you don't have insurance, but if it was me I'd do everything you could to try and get that tubal ligation reversed.
    I wish I had.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 3:19 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• oh, and when I said I didn't have pain, I meant none during sex. feel free to pm me if you want.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 3:20 PM on Apr. 5, 2011