How fast do you get Glucose test results?

On Mon i went and got my glucose test done. Friday my mom said they called her and left a voicemail for me to call them (they called the day after i tok my glucose test & idk why they called her, i had just given them my new numbers)
anyway, they are closed until monday. do you think they may have called about the results on my glucose test??

and im wondering if that is why, why they would call me and not wait till my next appt which is in 1 1/2 weeks? maybe its bad news?

any ideas?? just to ease my mind also until monday? lol

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 9:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• no they probly aren't my doc said they usually only call if its bad if its good they don't
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 9:25 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• yeah it doesn't take very long to get the results back. if they have to send it out to a lab then maybe two or three days and if they have an in-house lab then that day. and i would hope they would call if its good or bad just so you know. just call them on monday.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 9:37 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• They never called me about mine. I had to ask at my next appt. If they called you, most likely you failed it and they want you to take the 3 hr test. Call them back Monday morning. But don't stress about failing the 1hr test, lots of people falsely fail it.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:40 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I think it took about a week. It's hard to remember. I didn't take it this time or in my last pregnancy.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:02 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I found out the day I took the test. But just call the office the next day they are open they can tell you the results.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 10:15 PM on Nov. 29, 2008