What could cause this??

I asked a question yesterday about my oldest daughters urine smelling like pickle juice. I tried making an appt today and they were booked. I then tried to get a referal to an urgent care and they were unable to. I made an appt for tomorrow, but I am a little more concerned now. Her poop and breath also smell this way now. She hasn't had any pickles and I have no idea what could be going on with her. No fever, acting totally normal, drinking plenty of fluids. The only thing different is she has been asking for milk a lot lately. Anyone know what in the world could be going on? I questioned a uti, but with her poo and breath smelling this way, it doesn't seem like that could be the problem. Help.

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 3:09 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• does it actually smell like pickles or is it like a sweet bread and butter pickle kinda smell? i am asking b/c acidocis (sp?) has a real icky sweet smell kinda like cool-aid or something really sweet smelling and it could be it that has to do with sugar levels being way to high and she could be asking for the milk b/c it helps the stomach feel better. I don't know if that helps or even if thats it but it may be something to look into
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 3:13 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• No idea...but make sure you tell ALL of that to the doctor. If she is wanting milk a lot (I assume cow's milk?) that could be a clue...
    Did she say she is in pain or discomfort of any kind? She may need more or less of any vitamin...
    keep those things in mind.

Good lucK!
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 3:12 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Is she eating anything with vinegar in it! I would worry more if the smell was more like ammonia, which can be an issue with the kjdneys but not a vinegar smell. More likely something she ate.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:15 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• kjidneys=kidneys (sp)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:16 PM on Apr. 5, 2011