Do you ever have to parent your husband?

my example: I usually parent my kids AND my husband at the grocery store. Last week my DH begged for an $18 veggie platter promising he'd eat it, there would be no waste, etc. I caved and he lied... it's turned gross in the fridge and I had to toss it. 1/2 our income is his I understand but OMG without me how would he live, seriously. Would a single bill be paid or would it all go to $30 roasts that never get made or $18 unopened veggie trays.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 3:10 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• I think we all do to some extent :) boys will be boys n men r just boys with bigger toys. ;)
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 3:19 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Good grief, no.

My ex... well, that is another story.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I do it all the time. My husband makes all of the money in the house but it takes me telling him no so that our money last. If i wouldnt we would be out of money 3 days after payday
    smusgrave0702

Answer by smusgrave0702 at 3:21 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• i can relate to this on some level i have to tell my DH that he cannot buy sweets everytime he goes to the store a couple of weeks ago he spent $23 on candy!!! seriuosly?!! so i hear ya on this one i actually have to look at the receipt when he goes by himeslef b/c he can't be trusted!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 3:18 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Heck yeah! lol....we have the SAME problem at the grocery store...he likes heads of lettuce for his salad...I like just spinach so he may buy a head of lettuce and then it just sits in the fridge till it gets yucky because he never even attempted to eat it...I had to BAN him from buying lettuce, I tell him if he wants a salad he better eat spinach cause he's bought his last head of lettuce lol....he also goes to bed super early because he works at night and he likes me to come in the room and "tuck him in" I have to MAKE him go to bed when it's obvious he's about to fall asleep on the couch and heaven forbid he gets sick....it's like he can't do ANYTHING for himself lol....It doesnt bother me too too much though because he works SO hard for me and our daughter...If he wants to be babied a little bit once he gets home it's the least I can do lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:19 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Sometimes i do. Nothing major though.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 3:23 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Yep, been there in so many ways. But 5 years of growing up later and we're getting more on the same page now. YYYAAAYYY!!!!!!!!!! Oh, the joy! :-D
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 3:30 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Why pay for a veggie tray at all? How hard can it be to cut up carrots and celery and pull apart broccoli or cauliflower? I guess I'm lucky that I dont have to parent my husband. His parents seems to have raised him right.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:13 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Sorry, my husband doesn't do that. He won't "beg" me for anything. He'll ask if we have the funds to host a bbq, and what would I like at said bbq. He asks because he says he's not good with finances...I take care of all that. I'm pretty sure if something were to ever happen to me, he'd learn pretty quick, LOL. I think he'd just rather not deal with it.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 3:18 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• No. I married a grown up he does screw up sometimes but so do I.
    Anonymous