How can I make money being a stay at home mom

I want opinions...

TiffanieAnn

Asked by TiffanieAnn at 3:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

• I watch a little boy full-time and bring in $600 a month...you could find a kid or two to watch.
    MichaelsMom330

Answer by MichaelsMom330 at 3:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Tiffany, you will find many businesses here. Just remember, it should be something you are already using but a better value and better product. Second, it must be affordable for anyone to start. These are 2 of the things you should look at before joining any company. I chose 2 companies that pay well and I share with other moms who want to do the same.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 5:33 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I have been looking forever and most are a scam. Trust me. What if you are not a salesperson or very sociable? What do you do?
    mollgirl59

Answer by mollgirl59 at 5:44 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Child care, baking, crafts
    rainha

Answer by rainha at 8:29 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• You have to be creative and think outside the box. What is it you enjoy doing? Do you enjoy any certain crafting? You could open an eBay business. If you are looking for more potential ideas, I blog about work at home ideas and opportunities. You are more than welcome to read my blog at Mavi's Home Work.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:32 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:37 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• PartyLite is what i do GL
    april_f

Answer by april_f at 10:08 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• There are several ways to make extra money, none of them will be an "instant rich" fix of course. Anything worth doing will take some work on your part so dont' get discouraged if you don't see immediate results in anything you decide to try. I have a few companies that I will recommend, you can see the list and details Here

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 10:42 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Well this is worth a try.... Cashcrate.com I’m looking for a job right now, but I do this in my free time. (Mostly when my 10 month old is napping) They don’t ask for credit card numbers or personal info. It’s free. Why not earn money in your free time while you look!?! It doesn’t hurt to try right!?! Good luck!!!

:-)
    nutty_acorn

Answer by nutty_acorn at 12:21 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I am a sales Consultant for Brown Bag Party. We offer high quality Spa products, Massage oils & tools, Lingerie, Novelty items and Adult toys. Although I travel to do my parties... most of my work is done from my home office. I only do parties on Saturday evenings though. I make 50% commission and make my own schedule. It is a fun way to meet new people and make some extra cash!

For more information on joining my team please
    visit my website BrownBagParty.com/NaughtyNatasha
    NAUGHTYnatasha

Answer by NAUGHTYnatasha at 6:26 PM on Apr. 25, 2011