Is there something suspicous about a step-mom putting gloves on to put cream on a 4 year old down there?

Recently my daughter told her Dr. that her soon to be step mother put rubber gloves on and puts clear cream inside of her. This was brought up because my daughter cries when you wash her down there. The dr. called children services and they wrote it off as just putting diaper rash cream on her. Hello my daughters 4 and potty trained plus the rubber glove I think is weird. I have never noticed my daughter to be red and her father has not mentioned it to me. Does this sound weird to anyone else? Or am I looking at this the wrong way?

Oh yeah by the way because of this and all the violence that happens at my ex's house im taking him back to court for supervised visitation. And shes going to counseling now

smusgrave0702

Asked by smusgrave0702 at 3:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Very suspicious. Call her and ask her what she's doing!!!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:18 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Id be WAY suspicious!! Hell Id be on the phone or AT her place DEMANDING an explanation!!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:19 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Yep sounds funny to me too. I would say it's something to check into
    could be nothing too.. But 4 year old I wouldnt think would just think up a story like that. With gloves and all??
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 3:19 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Id go ballistic, but thats me. I dont see how any SM would feel the need to do something like that without at the very least contacting you and saying she had a rash and would it be alright in the first place? If she were an infant or something thatd be different, but at 4 and potty trained? Something is very strange to me about that.

Answer by gemgem at 3:19 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I would be uncomfortable putting cream on someone else's child's private areas, so in a way I can see that using a glove would make it seem more hygenic and less personal to the step-mother.

That said, if you don't know what the cream was for, I would certainly address the step-mother before jumping to conclusions...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 3:20 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Does the stepmother have any other kids? Could the rubber gloves be something she does consistently in situations like that (when dealing with diaper-area stuff)? Could she be used to constantly putting diaper rash cream on children? It could just be how she does things. But unless there's a way to know (like she did the same thing with her own kids, or worked at a daycare, some kind of situation dealing with other young children), better safe than sorry.

But when everything's said and done, you need to follow your gut. It's your daughter. Do what you feel you need to do.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:21 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• it does sound odd.... BUT , I have had to put cream on my 4 year old daughter down there as well--- even though she is potty trained she sometimes gets red and irritated down there from not wiping right and I need to apply the cream.... once my mom ( a nurse) put it on her when we stayed a weekend with her and she also used gloves --- she said it just seemed cleaner to do it with gloves ....

I wouldnt soley base a molestation or abuse charge just on that alone -- especially if she is red ( meaning she probably has irritation from not wiping right) and she was putting cream ( probably vasaline since she said ti was clear) on it.....
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 3:22 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I work for an attorney. FILE CHARGES ON HER! No way would you need to put any sort of cream "inside" of a 4 year old! I would never let her go over there again. It will only get worse and she will get hurt.
    dpriser

Answer by dpriser at 3:23 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I think there is something wrong.....she doesn't need "cream"...she doesn't have diapers as she is potty trained. It is suspicious for sure!!! I wouldn't let another day go by without doing something...legally for sure and ,personally I would have a 'talk' with that woman!!!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 3:23 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Well that would be nice to ask her but there is a restraining order in place because the day I went in to be induced with my son she tried to beat the crap out of me in front of cops because I asked her to make sure my daughter had sneakers. then 2 hours after being released she beat up my ex's grandmother for sticking up for my daughter and got arrested again so there is no asking her and my ex is just as bad ( been arrested twice for domestic violence)
    smusgrave0702

Comment by smusgrave0702 (original poster) at 3:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2011