Uddenly i dont feel so bad

My sister in law has always had a way of making me feel bad... We now live in different cities so we only see each other maybe once a month. Even then, she will still make me feel badly, especially about my home.

I have alwasy felt good about my house - it is very small ( we are looking for a big new house since we moved here when my daughter was little and we are now trying for #3) ... But I have always thought it looked nice - I am a nice decorater and I clean everyday ... I have had several friends and family have me "decorate" their homes even. ..... But all of that is shot because I cared so much about what she thought.... She would say things like " OMG do you ever clean" , " how do you move around in here", " maybe i will buy you a vaccuum for chrsitmas" .... Now I know she obviously said these things to be mean and I let them get to me ( which I never should have) .... i always thought it was unfair because I actually spend hours a day cleaning my house , but since it is so compact , just two or three toys on the floor makes it look like a tornado has went by ( our living room is barely 8 ft by 10 ft... and we have large furniture so if you can imagine) ....

Anyways ... my mom and I were in their city shopping for my daughters birthday when we decided to drop by ... we had only been there once before when they were moving in...and from the way she always talked, we assumed it would be emmaculate ( sp) ...

but OMG ... we could barely open the door because of the filth !!!! Litterally tons of clothes covered the floors, pizza boxes, pop bottles, I am pretty sure they are using the large beef jerky packages as rugs ... there was even mold on the kitchen curtains !!! i am so glad my kids didnt go with us because I am sure I wouldnt of been able to find them when it was time to go....

i seriously think she is a hoarder and now it makes so much sense -- all this time she was making me feel like crap she was just trying to make herself feel better about her own pig sty !!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Just for Fun

• People can only make you feel bad about yourself IF you LET them You have to allow yourself to let anothe rmake you feel bad. DONT let what anyone says about you make you feel bad, especially if you know the truth.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:22 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I have learned those that are so quick to point out flaws in others are desperately trying to hide their own flaws.

It will be interesting what she says after you have seen her hovel. Chin up...her rudeness has everything to do with her own insecurities and nothing to do with your housekeeping skills.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:23 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I had a feeling when you said she was making those comments that her place was probably bad.

my mother does the same thing, I don't think I'm really a hoarder, but I'm not a good housekeeper and I sew, so certain places in particular are always at least a little cluttered.

but compared to the house I grew up in my place in Buckingham palace! my siblings told me about how they had to clear out my mom's place (sounded a lot like your SILs place) - a few days later my mom called me and told me 'gee I HOPE you are cleaning up your place, I didn't want to say anything when I was there, but I have to tell you how messy it is'

I just said well, thanks mom.

Just be the better person and let it go as much as you can. She obviously feels bad about her place and this is her way of dealing with it. can't explain some people.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 3:33 PM on Apr. 5, 2011