Toddler Activities

I'm making a bag of things for my 3 year old to do while I'm in labor. I'm putting together a bunch of scavenger hunts (so he can do 1 or 2 a day), I am looking for more ideas! If anyone can think of anything, let me know. We live in Memphis so the weather can be iffy, I'd like to have mostly indoor things for him to do. My mom is going to come help watch him while I'm in the hospital (my husband is military so he rarely gets time off) and I'd like to make things easier for her, though she won't mind playing with and entertaining him, they don't get to see him very often!

ARast

Asked by ARast at 3:26 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe get some new art supplies, if he enjoys crafting. Some paints, or a fun kit they can make together for the new baby! Why not combine the "welcome home" part too right?

boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 3:28 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I think - let your mom worry about it. She will probably love to take care of him. You don't have to dictate what they do. Just relax and let mom handle it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:29 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Ohh thats a good idea! I didn't think about that! I would really like to try to get him interested in the new baby!
    ARast

Comment by ARast (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• just let your mom decide what they are going to do I'm sure she will have some good ideas congratulations
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 3:30 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• crayons.. making a card for his new sibling.. easter crafts (see online for ideas there) for easter.. baking
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:46 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My Dd got some window crayons. I am pretty sure Crayola makes them and you can write on windows or glass with them, then they just wipe off with water and paper towel. This fascinated my Dd who is 2 1/2 for about an hour, she though it was so fun to write on the window of the sliding glass door and it was right at her level. You could also put a new DVD or CD in the bag for a special treat if he likes a certain show or movie. Good luck!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:49 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• You know, I know he's a boy and some people get weird about boys having dolls, but you actually could buy him a little doll with a diaper and bottle and blanket and he and Grandma could practice being a big brother and talk about how Mommy is bringing home a baby, too, etc, etc. to help get him excited and used to all things little baby.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:50 PM on Apr. 5, 2011