Working as a ChaCha Guide?

Is anyone doing this? How are you paid? Is it hourly or per question? Is it best for pt income or is there potential for ft pay?
Anything else you would like to share...please do.
thanks

virginiamama71

Asked by virginiamama71 at 3:27 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

• What's a ChaCha Guide?
    Anonymous

• I did it for a while. It's per question, and the highest you get per question is $0.20, and those are very, very rare. You have to work, as I calculated it once, 12 hours a day, 7 days a week with not even bathroom breaks, to make $800 a month. And that's only if the questions are coming fast. Most of the time they don't.

Honestly, I found it to not really be worth it. I do it every now and then, it does give me a tiny bit of extra cash every now and then, but I don't count on it for anything. It's not reliable enough to really trust.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 3:30 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I was literally JUST looking into this. I don't think it's worth it.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 3:34 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I looked into it but to get paid only a few cents per question is not worth it to me. Why would I want to work all day for just a couple of dollars. I would rather just budget better :)
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 3:38 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I'm sorry, I have to correct myself. I had HOPED to make $800 a month with it. When I did my calculations, those figures got $150 a month. I unintentionally made it sound better than it really is. Sorry about that.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 3:58 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• There are many work at home jobs or businesses that actually save you money. There are 2 in particular that I do to save money on my monthly shopping and one saves me money on gas. I recommend check out both of these, and both are excellent for generating income too!
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 5:31 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• No I looked into it. Not worth it.
    mollgirl59

Answer by mollgirl59 at 5:40 PM on Apr. 5, 2011