Would this bother you? It's bugging me!!!

So I stopped by my salon the other day for 15 minutes to check and see if I had color for my client the next day(we buy our own supplies). Simply being prepared for the next day. I was making a list to go to the store. She asked me if I was okay, I said yeah, just a little spacy from the cold meds they gave me.

Well, I spoke to the owner, and apparantly she told him that I showed up to work without any clients, dressed up like I was going to party(the same as I always dress at work). Which, even if I was, how is it their business??? And was acting high or something. Really?
I told him that this whole situation really bothers me, seeing as I told her why I was there, and she seemed to have left all that out of her story. I know it shouldn't bug me, but it really does...why??

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 3:33 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• It bothers you because she assumed or self-projected so much from so little, and them took those assumptions/self-projections to the owner. I'd confront her in private (away from all our clients) and ask her what she said to the owner and why. I wouldn't hold back. Sorry that happened to you.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:46 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• It would piss me off. I can't stand when people think it's their business to "tattle", especially when they don't know what they're talking about.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:35 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• who is "she" - a co-worker? Sounds like you better watch your back.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 3:35 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• That would irritate me too. Sorry that happened. Maybe you could confront her about it?
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 3:36 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I would be bothered by it as well, she could have gotten you fired if the owner hadn't checked up on your side of the story. Good owner.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 3:36 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I'd be pissed! I hope the owner doesn't believe her.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 3:40 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Well, I think Im going to confront her on what was said. I felt it was extremly judgemental as well.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 3:43 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• i think you should confront her. apparently she has a problem with you and is trying to cause trouble. good luck.
    adriana1024

Answer by adriana1024 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2011