IUD problems....what could it be?

Ok i asked this question before but i didnt get enough feedback, I have the mirena IUD and its been ok up until lately, i have had unbearable pain in my lower abdomen and spotty bleeding. Anyone with an IUD ever had similar symptoms? I cant afford a doc. app. so i just wanted to get other ppls experiences and opinions.....

collegemom1007

Asked by collegemom1007 at 9:36 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Health

• YES! I had an IUD for like two months. I never quit bleeding and I developed a throbbing pain in my abdomen... I had to go to ER for an infection and have it removed on emergency.
    Anonymous

• you need to go see a doc. i know you said you can't afford it but it may be coming out or going up in you more. did you check your strings? if it is coming out then just let it come out and make sure it is all there and if it is you are fine. if you can't feel the strings you HAVE to go to the doc so it can be removed. also don't want to scare you but depending on where your pain is you may have an ectopic pregnancy going on.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 9:39 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• your not scaring me, i just need to know how serious it might be and if the trip to the doctor would be worth it and cost less in the long run if i develop bigger problems.....
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 9:47 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I had ovarian cysts with mine and I'd never had them before. I had it removed and have never had them again. You could be pregnant, it could be an ectopic pregnancy or it could have punctured your uterus. You really need to go get checked out. Go to the emergency room. Regardless of your ability to pay, they HAVE to treat you.
    Jessy0419

Answer by Jessy0419 at 9:55 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I had the Mirena for 8 months before getting it taken out. I bled non-stop the entire 8 months. I got it at my 6 week post-pardom appointment, I was still bleeding at that point. I kept bleeding and went back in a few weeks later. He did an ultrasound to see if it was in the right position and it was. He did notice a pool of blood though. He said to give it more time. That the bleeding could last up to 6 months and then everything would get normal. I was so desperate to not have to be on the pill that I kept it in. Well, at around 8 months I could not take it anymore. My husband was pissed I didn't wanna have sex since I was still bleeding. I went to Planned Parenthood and had them remove it, the bleeding stopped the next day. I got a Rx for oral BC instead and have been on that ever since.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 10:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2008