I'm almost 35 weeks pregnant and I keep feeling like I have to have a BM adult content

I am almost 35 weeks pregnant and I keep feeling the need to have a BM, yet nothing comes out and I end up feeling like I have to go and try at least two more times until finally just a little comes out. Does this mean anything, like that I'm getting close to labor or something? Or is there another reason for it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You could be constipated, or it could be the pressure from your baby. It doesn't necessarily mean that labor is near, but if you have been experiencing contractions and such, I would phone your doctor and asked to be checked.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:40 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• The baby is probably pressing down on your bowels. You may also be having contractions, or just constipated. Either way, it wont be long till your in labor now. Good luck!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:42 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Thanks. I was told I was 1 cm. dilated last week and the monitor showed I was having some contractions, but I didn't feel them. I have an appt. on Tuesday, so I'll mention it to her.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:43 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Just wait until you're in labor!!
    ;-P
    That will feel like THE biggest constipated poo EVER !

But it's normal to have a heavy uterus pressing into the colon, yes. :- /
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:57 PM on Apr. 5, 2011