Is it bad to clean when your pregnant?

my friend said it was bad for me and im worried about it now bc im pregnant.
his he lying to me or is it really true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• as long as you avoid cleaning constantly and avoid lots of chemicals the cleaners can put out, then you'll be fine. it isn't bad to clean a little bit here and there.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 3:45 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Depends on what you're using for cleaning products and what exactly you are cleaning. Some cleaning products are bad to clean with. And if you're very pregnant and bending over to clean something...that's just not good on your body.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 3:45 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• yea i knw about the chemicals i dont do that part.
    I just broom and mop.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:46 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Its fine to clean. You need to have a clean house, obviously dont over exert yourself though, and dont clean cat boxes.

Answer by gemgem at 3:46 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• It wouldn't be the actual act of cleaning, but the chemicals in the cleaners. I like to use Shaklee products, especially Basic H. It's basically organic, non-toxic, and chemical free. It's safe enough to even brush your teeth with. You might want to search for it online. One bottle is about 10 bucks and it's a concentrate that can make 56 GALLONS of cleaner. So not only is it incredibly cheap, but it's safe. And...you can use it on just about everything. It has hundreds of uses. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:47 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Use all natural cleaners, and don't over exert yourself and you will be just fine :). Seventh Generation makes awesome cleaners that are safe to use during pregnancy even though they are a bit more expensive. I did have to quit my housekeeping job when I was pregnant because of the chemicals in all the regular cleaners, but Seventh Generation is fine. Don't do a lot of heavy lifting, and don't do anything dangerous like standing on a top step of a step ladder to clean fans, dust, etc.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:47 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• LOL people would tell you that you should live in a bubble while you're pregnant if they could!! No it's not bad to clean, just use your judgment... no harsh fumes or lifting heavy furniture.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 3:48 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• You have to clean! Otherwise live in filth. Of course you can clean!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:59 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Cleaning is fine, just beware of certain chemicals and use common sense. Plus it's good to remain active throughout a pregnancy, if you can that is.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 4:01 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• lol, Good try!
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 4:05 PM on Apr. 5, 2011