lactating?

It has been almost 18 months since i've had my son. I was only able to breast feed for a week after i had him and my milk dried up fairly quick. Today, (18 months later) i was producing milk. My breast hurt all day, i though it was because "aunt flow" was visiting (LOL) but when i took a bath this evening i noticed i was leaking. Is this normal. I was around a set of 2 month old twins today, and i've heard being around young babies, you can start to lactate again. I didn't think that was true, but after today, i question it. Does anyone know the answer. Is it normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in General Parenting

• If you are suddenly producing milk after 18 months of being "dry" then you should check in with your doctor. It could be a sign of a hormonal or pituitary problem.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• ditto with the first poster, or you could be preggo.
    Jessy0419

Answer by Jessy0419 at 9:53 PM on Nov. 29, 2008