Is dancing ballet bad for you when your pregnant?

I take Ballet Classes and some of my friends say i should quit bc i can cause a miscarriage

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• no it can't. exercise cannot cause miscarriage
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:50 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• You'll want to pay attention to fatigue, though, and stop before you get too tired. You may also want to stick to barre exercizes.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 3:55 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• First off how long have you been taking classes?
    daps

Answer by daps at 3:59 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• im in school and its a class i take.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:00 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I think it should be okay. I continued taking my classes while pregnant with my oldest. Ballet isn't as intense as some other dances.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 4:05 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• OK you're a novice. Just do the simple barre exercises. try not to bend, stretch and twist too much. Most of all listen to your body, if it says no then don't do it. I was a dancer and Ballet can be very hard your body when you're beginning. Well it's hard on your body period, but seasoned dancers can do more because their body is use to it.
    daps

Answer by daps at 4:05 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• i wouldnt think so its a type of exercise and you need that while your pregnant
    young18

Answer by young18 at 4:38 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Always listen to your body. you know when your body has had enough. i think you will be fine. ballet is about grace and smooth movment. relax sweet pea. enjoy your pregnancy and remember to pay attention to yourself. Have fun!!!!
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 6:21 PM on Apr. 5, 2011