First memory as a child

What's the memory that you can remember farthest back to when you were a kid, a baby??

Dahis

Asked by Dahis at 4:02 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Just for Fun

• My mom doesnt believe that I actually remember this since apparently I was 2 at the time but I remember moving out of our first apartment, we left in a blue truck...the reason I remember this is because I had a little wooden duck that you pulled along on a string...it wasnt painted or anything....just a wood duck and when we got to the house we were moving to I never seen that duck again....I was 24 yrs old before my mom admitted she threw it away because she never thought I would remember it...HA MAMA!!! proved you wrong lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:10 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I cannot remember a time before my sister was born...but I remember the day she came home. So I was just 1 month shy of being 3 years old.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 4:03 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I'm not sure how old I was but the one thing I remember is my uncle having won a Keebler the Elf contest and the prize was a replica of their tree house and he gave it to me and I loved it, I think it must have been the best day of my toddler life.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 4:04 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I remember my little sister coming home from the hospital. My mom was lying on the floor and I wanted to cuddle with her, but a stinky little baby was in my way. I remember pushing that little usurper put of my mommy's arms and lying down next to MY mommy. I was 19 months old.
    I also remember playing hide and seek in that house, we moved when I was 22 months old. So those are pretty early memories.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:05 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I remember when me and my sister was about two and a half and jumping into a big box ( like a stove box or something ) And it had all of our stuffed animals in it lol Fun times
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 4:09 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• earliest memory would be looking at my older brother through the slats of my crib (would have been before my sister was born, so just over 20 months) and he couldn't get me out --he would have been almost 4 yrs.
    Ella6

Answer by Ella6 at 4:15 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• i have 2:

the first time i was left alone with my father. it had to be before my little sister was born or my mom was pregnant, i was around 3-4 and it was isreali independence day and my mom sent me home alone with him because she and my older sister wanted to watch the fire works and i was scared of them. i remember sitting on the tile floor in my room and looking towards the door waiting for my mom. i had never been alone before with my dad and i was TERRIFIED. i remember he tried to talk to me but i would not answer him and i cried. until i turned around and he had built a helicopted our of our leggos. my mom said she found us playing when she came back. it must not have been long that we were playing.

poshkat

Answer by poshkat at 4:22 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• the second one must have been earlier than the first i posted. my parents owned a house where the kitchen had an opening like a window to the livingroom. there was a counter with bar stools you could sit on and watch tv. i remember sitting there and watching tv all excited because it was soooo cool. i must have been around 2 or 3. i also remember the vines of the plant that grew onto the house and i think they had red or pink flowers.
    poshkat

Answer by poshkat at 4:25 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• not quite 3 we moved into a new house and i rememerb standing on a kitchen chair looking out the kitchen window and watching fire works for the first time ever
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 4:26 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Its a toss up. I remember when we were bombing either Kosovo or Bosnia and watching coverage on tv. (I was 3? early 90s)

I remember what happened in the seconds before I got bit by my dog when I was 2.5, and getting the 500+ stitches removed from my face.

I remember watching SNL and eating trix on the couch (again between 2-3.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 4:06 PM on Apr. 5, 2011