Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

HELP me hold in the crazy b*tch that's trying to bust loose....

Me and my husband are moving towards splitting up, one of us has been taking the kids and the other one leaving for the afternoon/or whole night every other night for the last few months. We want to move out but we're scared to do it to the kids and it would make a VERY tight money situation. The only thing that's changed is that we aren't all there together. We both work and manage money the same way we always have... money goes in one account, bills are paid, we each take half of what's left.

TODAY, something changed. He stopped his direct deposit and TOOK his paycheck, then informs me that he "doesn't know" what he's going to do with it. What. In. The. World. Um, we have bills to pay and he makes waaay more than I do.

I'm gonna lose it on him. I think it's time to make the split official at this point. :(

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Relationships

Answers (8)
  • Open an account in your name only. Transfer everything in the old account into your new account. 2 can play that game.

    Answer by cheekycherub at 4:07 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

  • You can take his name off your joint account after he deposits some money or off any savings he is on and keep it. My friend did this. Her husband and her split and he didnt want to give her any money to pay bills. They had a savings account and she went in and emptied it.

    Answer by gemgem at 4:09 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

  • As childish as some are going to say cheekycherub's comment is, I AGREE WITH HER! You have to take care of your kids, with or without him.

    Answer by yesmaam at 4:09 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

  • Definitely time to make the split official.

    Answer by meooma at 4:09 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

  • Tell him "you can pay the bills with it."

    Answer by hopeandglory53 at 4:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

  • I'd talk to a lawyer about it.

    good luck!

    Answer by ItsMe89 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

  • SURE....let it out. do it diplomatically... like a lady away from the kids. Apparently you are beyond talking, An attorney? costly. Take him get him alone, and open up the bi ***, along with a can of kick butt. dont back down. this is for the kids, not you or him. It has not been in case you both did not know. You built this RELATIONSHIP from conception of the first born. Tell him.. He is taking their money, not yours you work.Right? Times are hard out here and it takes more than one pay. What, has he tired of being a provider. TOUGH. IF HE CANT MAKE THIS RELATIONSHIP WORK, WHAT MAKES HIM THINK HE CAN MAKE ANOTHER ONE WORK. There is love there.?? You both sound scared, he need guidance?. attention? "WORK IT OUT AND STAY TOGETHER". WHO KNOWS MAYBE HE WANT A LIL BI*** FROM YOU. I THINK SOMETIMEs WE FEMALES BECOME A LIl TO PASSIVE. [and we wonder sometimes why the nice successful men r with B****] go figure. ~discard~

    Answer by AMMA554 at 10:10 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

  • become one with the inner bitch. Make your split official and let him know if he doesn't want to split the bills then he can pay all of them. The courts almost always side w/ the mother. Split, take your kids, then take his money.

    Answer by Skipo510 at 10:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.