How much credence do you give holistic, natural therapies and medicine?

Have you practiced them and found them to be effective?

I've been researching it quite a bit and would like to take a more natural approach to healing in the future, but I'm not sure how legitimate some of it is. I guess I'm skeptical. Any stories or experiences to share?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 4:08 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Health

• The question I would ask before trying some of the holistic therapies would be whether it can harm me. Massage, accupuncture, homeopathy rarely have negative side effects if they are given by a licensed, experienced therapist. I would also keep your regular medical doctor too and see the natural therapies as complimentary not replacement treatments.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 4:22 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• It depends on what for. I'd much rather try them first before trying the chemicals that doctors prescribe.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 4:09 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Everyone and every thing affects people differently when going the natural approach.. that's why Science isn't fond of it - but, I would much rather ( and do ) go the natural route
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:12 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Some of effective, some not so effective. Just depends on the remedy your speaking of. A lot of herbs take time to build up in your system. And if you don't take it regularly they do no good.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 4:10 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My family and I have much better success with holistic/homeopathic remedies (and good old fashioned common sense) than we have with allopathic medicine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I think I'll try to ease into it. I tend to side with science, but at the same time, I'm really curious about natural remedies.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 4:21 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• i figure i'll give it a try and if it works, great.... if not call the dr... its not going to hurt ya...
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:38 PM on Apr. 6, 2011