My 23 month old girl cries and hides her eyes when i change her diaper

my 23 month old little girl cries and covers her eyes when i change her diaper, whether it's pee or poop. This is a new thing, she's never been scared to be changed before, has this happened to anyone else's children at this age?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• does she go to daycare or anyone else change her at all?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:10 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• This happened with my niece. When my sister thought back on it (after seeking medical advice) - niece had a bout of constipation, and after that - she started doing what you've described.
    TheStepMonster

Answer by TheStepMonster at 4:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My daughter (now 3) has always cried when I have had to wipe her between her girly lips. Not sure if that is/was normal or not either but I figured she was just senstive there & figured many little girls may be?

Anyway, if you think its something that needs to be checked out then call your doctor. Otherwise I'd go ahead & say if nothing looks out of place/order down there then she will be fine could be a thing/stage ya know? But call if you think you should/need to.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 4:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Make sure the wipes you use don't have alcohol in them. If she touches herself in the bath, etc, it could cause little scratches or tears, and the wipes might burn.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 4:16 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• It may be that she doesn't like that she isn't in control at that moment. My neighbors daughter does that. She is in a "I need to control what little I can" phase.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 4:29 PM on Apr. 5, 2011