Should I tell them about this?

It's a silly thing really, but I'm wondering if I should tell them. My BIL and SIL live in a house where the sounds carry well. We've run into situations before when my SIL took me to task on things my Oldest niece said, thinking that I told her. She's say things like 'I KNOW there is no way she got that from me, because when we discussed it we where upstairs and she was downstairs. '
uh, yeah! Whenever they talk about things upstairs you can hear them plain as day downstairs. I've heard all kids of things I'm sure they didn't want me to hear.
and for the record, I could have done without hearing any of it myself, I was not snooping!

I've thought about telling them how well sound carries, Dh says I should keep my mouth shut since SIL will probably just turn it around into a 'your a big snoop thing' and he's probably right. If I talk to BIL then maybe not.
Mostly I'm worried that my nieces may overhear something they shouldn't, which seems to be the case.

anyone?

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 4:13 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• I'd tell them

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:16 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Tell her to stay downstairs, then YOU go upstairs and start talking. This way she KNOWS just how well her voice carries.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 4:16 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I'd tell the BIL then. Hell I'd probably tell the SIL when she took you to task over your niece hearing stuff. But I'm direct like that and don't give a damn what people say. But up to you. I do think you need to say something to one of them.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 4:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I would some how find a way to show them what is happening so that way they see/hear it for them selves so that why they dont think you are trying to start stuff
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 4:20 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I would tell her and do what hopeandglory53 said.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Sure I 'd tell them.
    sondaughter312

Answer by sondaughter312 at 4:56 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• id tell. and do what hopeandglory said. make sure she hears how well it carries so she cant start anything over it.
    adriana1024

Answer by adriana1024 at 5:13 PM on Apr. 5, 2011