What do u feel the appropriate age to let kids start dating and if its different for girls or boys

well my oldest is 15 and hes started dating and we have already had issues with a stalker girl and even tried to convince him that she was prego bfor they had sex im not sure if hes mature enuff even if hes old enuff cuz he sure didnt handle it the way i think he shuld have and doesnt realize how serious it all was

flipper4u21

Asked by flipper4u21 at 4:28 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Mine all had bf and gfs in middle school but you know the whole "were going around" and really they just went around the school holding hands? I didnt allow them to date until they were 15-16 depending on the child. If they went out at 15 it was always group dates. They could not go anywhere completely alone, and they had to go to the movies, mall etc. By the time they start to drive though then I figure if they are old enough and responsible enough for that they can date.

Answer by gemgem at 4:30 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• In my opinion, it depends on the child. My oldest girl was not really ready for dating until she was almost 18 and my youngest was ready at 16. It was the opposite for driving.

Your son seems to be handling it the way most men do. It happened, it was dealt with and now he is on to the next thing. Trust your instincts.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 4:32 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Good question, I think 16 is good and I believe it should be the same for boys and girls. Girls always have the short end of the stick for everything so it's not fair to make things unequal. If your son didn't see the seriousness of the situation especially if the girl said she was pregnant then he doesn't seem ready to date and another birds and bees talk would be good. Btw, dating doesn't mean I think they should be having sex, HELL NO! Even though I wish my children would wait until they are married I'm not that naive but I do hope that they will wait until they are 18 or older, at least out of high school.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 4:34 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Please explain.... are you talking about having a girlfriend or actually dating....

dating = picking up a gilr, taking her out alone with out supervision, paying for the activity, and bringing her back home (on time)>

Anonymous

• 13 to 14 for group dates, 15-16 for solo dates, and the ages wouldn't be different for opposite sexes.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:08 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My husband and I have decided our kids can date when they are 16.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 5:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• to ochsamon thats the problem when she got syco he didnt leave her alone like he shuld have she needed his help so he stayed friends with her and hanging with her and he doesnt live with me so i cant deal with it all the time and her mom allows all of it and shes younger the one time they did finally b intimate it was at her moms house the mom even let her go to my sons house at like ten at night and had her walk there from in town to out in the country by herself to sgtay the night with my son and the nly adults there at the time were 2 adult men what on earth is the mom thinking and by dating i mean hanging at my house or the girls house or movie or mall time or sumthing but no he doesnt drive so we always pick up and drop off or the other parents do and he will b 16 in aug
    flipper4u21

Comment by flipper4u21 (original poster) at 5:22 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I have only sons but the rule would have been the same for daughters....they had to be in the 11th grade to start dating.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 6:15 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• yeah i only have boys also i was just curious to peoples opinion althugh i really wuld luv to have a daughter and she will never date lol and id have all the older brothers to assure that
    flipper4u21

Comment by flipper4u21 (original poster) at 6:39 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• middle school if I feel there maturity level and grades in school stay up.
    momto3infl

Answer by momto3infl at 8:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2011