How important is sex in YOUR relationship?

For MY marriage sex is kind of important...I must admit it's more important to me then it is to my husband....as a matter of fact he teases me about if something ever happened to him that he couldnt perform his husbandly duties I would probably cheat on him lol....God knows this isnt true and I hope that he doesnt actually believe that...it's just that for me...there is no greater intimacy then becoming one with the person that you love...you can never be physically closer to that person then you are in those minutes...and to me, that's an important part of our marriage.

So how important is sex for you and your DH/SO?

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 4:36 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• I truely believe a healthy intimate relationship is important to being with someone. Loving one another and showing this sexually is huge in maintaining a good, solid relationship. It's hard for to understand women who don't want to be touched, kissed and close to their men this way. I am not bashing, please don't take it this way. Maybe there are circumstances that has made it this way, but that bond you get when you are intimate with your man is priceless and bring you two together more and more.I personally would be very unhappy not having this with my SO. I love the feeling when we are togeer as such and to be honest, I wish were more,lol. Showing your SO your love in this way I believe is crucial and we have to recognize that as we get older and later on in life, yes this will decrease but I think affection and sex play key parts in staying happy together and making a lasting , loving relationship.
    CopingMom33

Answer by CopingMom33 at 8:05 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• You pretty much hit that nail on the head for me, Lucky. While its not the most important thing (I HAVE to have it in order for the relationship to work out), its a really nice bonus to our love, friendship, devotion one to another. Its been kinda sucky lately because of his late nights, and it seems like we never get the time except on the weekends :/ I could definitely go for it more often than what we've been doing it ;) But its definitely not something I'd leave him for or cheat on him because of it...unless you think BOB is cheating, LOL.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 4:44 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Once you've gotten physical their is no going back. Sex is needed to keep each other physically and emotionally attracted to a person. It also brings you closer. It's important to us.
    NayleeCraw_x

Answer by NayleeCraw_x at 5:56 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• lately hes realizing that sex isnt everything but honey i NEED sex. At LEAST once a week! I'm 22!
    melly_v88

Answer by melly_v88 at 6:59 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• We have 3 year old twins.....

What is sex again? lol
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:51 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• very important, its apart of what brought us so close, learning to be comfortable, try new things n not be embarresed, and pleasing each other. niether of us can get enough.
    Mrs.Ferri

Answer by Mrs.Ferri at 12:19 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• It isnt important to me. When I was younger sex was alot more important, now though I love being with my husband doing anything. He is a great father and husband so the sex part is so minor to me.

Answer by gemgem at 4:41 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Lately, not that important.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 4:42 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I agree all the way!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:48 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• It is not important to me. I couldn't be happier than if DH was impotent. Thankfully he doesn't like it any more often than once a month or so. I don't like being touched, I never have. I will do it and I don't mind doing it but it isn't very fun or fulfilling to me. It is much more important for our relationship to play games and talk and other talking type activities.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 5:21 PM on Apr. 5, 2011