How do u get your kids to be responsible and do there chores without being told

flipper4u21

Asked by flipper4u21 at 4:36 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• Mine get an allowance. If they dont do chores, they dont get an allowance.

Answer by gemgem at 4:37 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Mine get their time with their friends. If chores aren't done they aren't going anywhere during the week or on the weekend.
    I also use a negotiation method, this won't work for everyone but it works for me. The boys know their chores and I ask them on Monday or Tuesday when they plan to do them. They give me the day and time and they are usually done when they commit. There have been times where it gets overlooked due to our schedules (they are very active in school and sports, and many times aren't even home until 8:30 or 9p at night) if that happens I ask again for a new time.
    I'm not a stickler for having things done every day because we just don't have time, but I do expect them to do be done before they get to do anything other than school or sports.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 4:41 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• What age are we talking about?
    joisie1978

Answer by joisie1978 at 4:55 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• from age 1 they are taught to help with their rooms, and I have a standard in my home, y kids all clean their rooms, and keep our home neat also! I dont do messy! CONSISTANCY
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 5:07 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Nothing fun until all chores are done. Period
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:12 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• well the allowance is a good ideal but when theyd rather not get them money then to do it then i either have to do it or still make them do it ive tried that and my younger one hes 8 actually does better on doing the chores on his own then the older ones 12 and 15 now i like that compromise option that was good i think ill try that and we live in the country so dont really get to hang with friends that often well jo lee im glad u dont have the life issues i do and ur life is so perfect y dont u cum get my kids to b as perfect as urs and while ur here u can make me undisabled also so i can b as awesum as u
    flipper4u21

Comment by flipper4u21 (original poster) at 5:49 PM on Apr. 5, 2011