If you have had a c-section, this question is for you!

I had a c-section on March 1st with my little girl and I go back for my checkup on Thursday. I am still having some pain and was wondering if anyone else did too? I am worried to ask my doctor for more pain meds because I am young and because of all of the drug issues I don't want him to think I am just trying to get it for "a high". Has anyone else done this?? He just gave me some more 4 weeks ago but it's gone now. I don't know if I am crazy or if anyone else is still in pain at this time.

rcoffey7

Asked by rcoffey7 at 4:36 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Health

• I only took my pain pills for about a week and a half after leaving the hospital. And I don't even remember being in pain for over a month, I was stiff but not in pain. You might want to try something over the counter like advil.
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 4:39 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• At this point I would think just Motrin or Tylenol would be ok...I don't remember needing even that after the first three weeks. But everyone is different, did he say your incision and underlying tissues were healing well?
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 4:40 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• do you think maybe a staple was left in? or maybe you are rapidly developing scar tissue, that happened after a friend of mine had a hysterectomy, she was in a lot of pain, took another dr to diagnose tho, good luck!
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 4:41 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I don't want to scare you but I had pain for a LONG time after my c-section, they gave me vicodin for it and I ended up being addicted to it for 2 years....yes even 2 years later they were still giving me a prescription for vicodin...if there is any way for you to manage the pain without using drugs I suggest you do it that way, but DO let your doctor know that your still in pain, there could be something wrong
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:41 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Congrats on your new family member! I had my 3rd c-section on Feb. 4th and after my initial presciption of pain meds ran out I also needed more due to severe pain. I was hesitant, like you, to contact my doctor and let them know, but I did and they called me in a presciption the same day. I started on percecets and the second prescription was vicadin which is not as strong but still gets the job done. The doctors did not hesitate and made me feel comfortable telling them my concerns. Good luck!!!
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 4:42 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I wasn't in pain for more than a few weeks. I would mention the pain to your doctor.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 4:44 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I didn't take any pain meds after my c-section, but everyone is different. You said you are having "some pain". Do you feel its more than can be handled with Tylenol or Motrin? If it is, then talk to your doctor about it. Its what he's there for.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 4:47 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• After my c-section I was in some pain. But it didn't last that long. They had given me a prescription of Lortab, I refilled it cause they hadn't given me many. But it was actually a waste to refill it because I wound up not having pain for too much longer and quit taking it. I'd talk to the doctor if you are still having a lot of pain.
    MommyNMay

Answer by MommyNMay at 4:48 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I had an infection following my c-section and was in the hospital for a week. I came home with extra strength motrin which I took for a week or two and that was it. My infection was bad too. Took 4 antibiotics to get rid of it and I wasn't allowed to do housework for a month!
    JasonsMom2007

Answer by JasonsMom2007 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• i only took my pain meds for 2 days after i got out of the hospital if u are still in pain let the doc check the incision out,
    roseym

Answer by roseym at 8:38 PM on Apr. 5, 2011