What should I put on my baby shower registry?

I know the crib, stroller, car seat, high chair and bottles are important but what else? Every little thing will help as I'm not sure I will be getting any of the big stuff, I don't have a lot of girlfriends..

KristiBeth8811

Asked by KristiBeth8811 at 4:43 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Diapers! Don't get a lot of newborn things though, they grow out of those quickly.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 4:44 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Receiving blankets, a bouncy seat, cloth diapers.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:45 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Diapers, wipes, diaper bag, onesies, a few outfits for the baby, thermometer, baby blankets, comforter set, crib blankets, sleepers for the baby, hats, baby socks, baby shoes, and things like that.

Answer by gemgem at 4:45 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• diapers and more diapers, lots of bibs, and t-shirts
    Mommylovesu2011

Answer by Mommylovesu2011 at 5:36 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Bath sets with shampoo, soap, conditioner, lotion, etc. Bottle cleaners, drying rack, Baby bathtub, toys to hang from side of crib or carseat handle, or stroller. One of those mirrors for the back seat of the car so you can see the baby. Little mittens for little hands to keep from scratching...a hygiene set...one of those that has a thermometer, nail trimmers, nail file, aspirator bulb, those sorts of things.. Good luck!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 6:15 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• pacifires, bup cloths, dipers, wipes, onsies, rattles, nipple pads, bottles, go to the store and start swiping the little gadget they give you that lets everyone know what you want... you cant ever have to much on a register... it lets people decide what they can afford and what they want to get...
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 6:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Weill, first off, I think since you are the parents you need to be responsible for buying the big items like the crib, car seat, stroller... The more expensive things that your baby needs.

Diapers, wipes, onsies, towels, bath tub, and bath items, outfits, bouncy seat, swing,
    Anonymous

• I would just think about a typical day for you as a mommy.. Baby gets up and needs clean diapers (so register for diapers,, wipes, ointment, and baby powder). Baby gets dressed (a few packs of onesies, jammies, a few cute outfits). Baby gets hungry (bottle, breast pump if needed, bottle brush, nipples). Taking baby out (stroller, carseat, blanket, pacifier, travel formula dispenser, diaper bag, paci wipes). Baby gets sick (thermometer, first aid kit). Baby gets dirty (baby bath tub, soap, shampoo, bath toys, hooded towel, baby lotion). Baby gets sleepy (more diapers, blanket, crib, crib bedding, bouncing seat, swing, matress, glider).
    And after your shower you can print out the registry, mark off what you got (because most people dont register what they are buying as for a registry), and you have your list of what you really need to buy yourself. Good luck!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 7:03 PM on Apr. 5, 2011