Paci-question?

My son is almost 2 1/2 years old. He still takes a paci sometimes(please do not lecture me on thats bad:))-mainly tired or anxious..Anyways we almost had it gone,but then..
we had little brother that came 4 months ago. Now he likes it.
They use the same pacis-how can I stop my son from using them,but still give them to the baby?
Totally confused?
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• get one for the older one and one for the baby. my son will be 2 in feb and he still uses his bink at night when he sleeps and for his naps.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 9:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Its best to wait intil the baby is not reliant on his and possibly wean him early and together. I never did the paci thing but the bottle was difficult to break from my oldest. Her sis came along before I fully weaned her and she reverted. I weaned the baby closer to 10 months while my oldest was almost 2. I weaned my second before the twins came so not bottle snatching!!! Phew.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 9:59 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• if he's 2 1/2, he should know the meaning of no. you just really have to stay strong with him
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 10:07 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Give him a special "big boy" treat in place of using the paci, something that the baby can't have.
    chandelier01

Answer by chandelier01 at 12:09 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Show him how 'babyish' it is to have a pci. Maybe go through all of the things that the baby can't do (walk, talk, etc) and explain the differences that come with age and maturity. Maybe he'll get it- maybe he won't. Just be stern. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Nov. 30, 2008