i talked 2 his ex wife

i have been seein this guy for a couple mons. we live togetherand all. his uncle calls and told me his ex wife was lookin 4 him 2 see if he was gonna take his boys or not. i said it didnt matter if she called my phone 2 talk 2 him. so she called he was out and we talked for a few mins about harmless stuff. so i thought but when i told him about it he got mad.said she and i should not b talkin 2 her cuz that would only cause problems. i like to see the best in ppl and may b nieve. about others motivation. was i really wrong to talk to her even though we did not talk much about him? i dont understand why he is so mad.

sae931

Asked by sae931 at 9:45 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Relationships

• No, I don't think it was wrong. If he's that upset the first thing in my mind would be "what is he trying to hide?" JMO.
    Jessy0419

Answer by Jessy0419 at 9:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I 100 percent agree with Jessy0419 on this one. Maybe you should find out why they got a divorce and maybe dont just take his work for it. I would want to hear both sides of the story cause you never know what you might find out.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 9:54 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• This same thing happened to me! My ex hubby got all pissed and freaked out. Come to find out.. as sweet as she was... they were having an affair. (I was 6 months pregnant and on bed rest.) Need I say more?
    rocketgirl22

Answer by rocketgirl22 at 9:57 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Honestly if you have only been seeing eachother for a couple months then I would say you crossed the line. I know you didn't mean any harm but he's known her for longer and knows what she's like......maybe she has ill intension. I would stay out of it and let them handle it.
    Anonymous

• from the ex wifes pov, i talked to my husbands new girlfriend but i wanted to know things and i didt bomb her or blow up at her i was civil and the bitch bold faced lied to me. so let me give you this little bit... DONT LIE TO HER. even if you feel like she's asking things that are none of her business, kindly and firmly tell her just that. dont lie to her about things, it only makes you look bad. if she's going to make an ass out of herself, let her do just that. dont help her make you look bad.
    flying8balls21

Answer by flying8balls21 at 11:01 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• My ex-husband used to flip out when ever I talked to his gf, he was afraid that I was telling her stuff about him, and even tried to preempt anything I might tell her with lies about me. About a year ago they broke up and I ran into her and she told me that she now understood that everything he told her about our marriage was a lie- he said that I was abusive to him!-and that she should have listened to me. So as related to your question, I would wonder what he was afraid of her telling you.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 11:12 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• maybe she is the type to take part of the truth and twist it to cause problems. I know my SO got upset when some of his women contacted me when we first started seeing one another.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:57 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I met my boyfriend's ex wife. I actually initiated the meeting because I didn't want to have a random meeting at some point in the future and freak out. I wanted to get the "first meeting" out of the way. But I had my boyfriend's blessings (he wasn't present) and I arranged to meet her at our mutual friend's house for coffee and I requested her daughter to be present (I have a very good relationship with her daughter). It went well and I actually liked her a lot. If I met her in another world, time or place, we probably could have been friends.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 12:31 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Welllll, my ex-husband and his wife stayed with me and my husband when they visited my daughter. My kids and I stayed with my ex-husband and his wife when my daughter graduated from high school when she was living with them.

His wife and I aren't close friends, we never will be. However, we have always been able to discuss what's best for my daughter and make necessary arrangements for her care or transport. If there are children involved, the best thing to do is be civil, be nice; but don't be her buddy. That can cause a host of problems that you won't want to deal with!
    SkyeGirl

Answer by SkyeGirl at 12:57 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I don't really think it's wrong but he knows her best and there may be a reason why he's telling you. But he could just not want you to talk to her because she knows him well too and she might tell you something he doesnt want to reveal. I think thats really cool that you like to see the best in people and not judge them or hate them off the bat for no reason. Just be careful not to get hurt.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 2:02 AM on Nov. 30, 2008