Need some food ideas....

The teacher who I work with has a student who's moms foot is broken. The mom has 4 young children all under the age of 7 and husband is in Cuba for a year. The teacher and I are planning to do once a week "homemade" meals for the children and the mother.
Does anyone have any ideas what to cook? I'm planning to bring the food in with me to work then later the same day we drop it off to the family.

bmwlover

Asked by bmwlover at 4:58 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Food & Drink

• How so very nice of you!! Lasagne or something like baked ziti, soups, stews.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:03 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• How about a lasagna? Or meatloaf?
    mom2twingirl797

Answer by mom2twingirl797 at 5:06 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• chicken casserole, green beans and biscuits?
    for the chicken casserole: heat the oven to 350. bake it for 45 to an hour.
    you can use anywhere from 3 to chicken breasts. just depends on how many you want and you can even cut them up into little bits to make it last longer. put the chicken in a cake pan/baking dish. in a bowl, put 3 or 4 cups of rice, 2 cups of milk and a large can of cream of chicken. put salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and parsley in the bowl. mix it all up and pour over the chicken. you can leave it covered or uncovered.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 5:06 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• goulash
    baked mac n cheese
    soup and sandwiches
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 6:43 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• first off, thats a wonderful thing that you're doing
    I would suggest tuna noddle casserole, lasagna, spaghetti- add a baged salad and they are good to go
    dimpsedee34me

Answer by dimpsedee34me at 7:15 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• this made me think of a my mom her and her friends would get together on the weekend and cook like three or four big meals and freeze enough for their family too use during the week . I would suggest chicken chili I boil the chicken shredd then add the beans and in a seprate pan I boil carrots ,dried chili's bell peppers and onions and put all in a blender pour some salsa for liquid and blend tell you get a thick yummy consistency and add to chili and cook till beans are done . mmmm enjoy and kudos to you for helping out.
    mom.mom.MOM

Answer by mom.mom.MOM at 7:26 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• That is nice of you to help out. I think any casserole will be fine. I would see what they don't like so you aren't making them something they won't touch.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 8:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Oh my gosh, how nice of you. I am sure she will really appreciate your generosity. I think something in a crock pot is good. Chilli maybe or some other kind of soup. You could also make a chicken pot pie. They are really easy to make, you can even use the pie crusts already made and you just put them in the pie plate. You can buy the aluminum pie plates too so there is not dishes when she is done.

Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:45 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• roast, casseroles, baked ziti, chicken & rice, chicken or beef tacos
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 10:54 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I have a ton of recipes that are tasty, healthy, simple, family and budget friendly; send me a message offlist if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:47 AM on Apr. 6, 2011