OMG After Tubal ligation IS THIS NORMAL!!!!

ok i had my tubal done on March 14th i jus start my first post tubal period and i am passing big blood clots almost like how i did after giving birth to my kids!... does anyone know if this is normal cause i cant get ahold of the dr i have been tryin!!!!!

MalachisMommy06

Asked by MalachisMommy06 at 5:08 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 2 (-2 Credits)
  • I honestly dont remember but I do know since my tubal my periods have been heavier and more painful.

Answer by gemgem at 5:11 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I had my tubal done May 2005. And, every period I had after that up till this past January was like that. I hated it! I couldn't wait to start menopause. I think I've finally gotten there. {{{crossing fingers}}} Not only did I pass big clots but bled so heavily I was "double stuffing" and wearing pads, as well. The first 2 days of my periods, I was scared to death to even leave the house cuz I was having to change out personal products within the hour. Don't worry too much before you get the doctor on the phone. I servived it for almost 6 years. But, definitely talk to him to see if he has any suggestions for alleviating the situation. I've heard some girls talk about uterine ablasion. But, I was too close to menopause to go that far.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 5:13 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• For the first two years after mine I would pass clots the size of a large lemon. For the first 18-36 hours I bled so heavily that I actually had to be hospitalized once. I am borderline anemic from how much blood I lose every month.
    The cramps are excruciating still, but the clots are smaller now- the size of a quarter at most, the flow is still as heavy as ever. I switched to a Diva Cup so I could accurately gauge how much blood I am losing... and it scared me when I kept track (every time I emptied it, I noted the amount).

Unfortunately it IS normal. But it is a condition called PTLS (Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome) which most surgeons, and the majority of doctors refuse to accept, even though it is well documented- because it is caused by something THEY did.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:38 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Yep, perfectly normal. It's a nightmare. Very scary stuff to see and the doctors don't have much sympathy. Everything changed for me and I never had cramps till after my surgery. Now my period is a lousy experience every month. I wouldn't recommend a tubal ligation to anyone.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 5:46 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I had mine when I had my c-section, so I can't say if any clots I had were from the birth or the tubal. I do know that I am 7yrs past it and I do still have clots. Not huge ones, but noticeable.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:58 PM on Apr. 5, 2011