What is good for damaged hair ?

The back of my hair on the outside is VERY DRY & BRITTLE underneath & on top is normal.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• v-05 hot oil treatment you can find it at wal-mart
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 5:11 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I like the hot oil treatments and neutrogena deep conditioner that comes in a container not a squirt bottle
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Beyond The Zone- Last Call Hair Masque You can get it at Sally's Beauty Supply. it is AMAZING!
    ta2dprnces

Answer by ta2dprnces at 5:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Olive Oil- just rub it in and let it set. Your hair will absorb the nutrients and it works wonders for skin too
    maybaby22

Answer by maybaby22 at 5:25 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• i know this might sound really nasty, but eggs work great... also usung Garnier Fructis fortifing shampoo and conditioner... it has micro oils... avocoto oils and vitamins B3 and B6. i use it every day! I do so much to my hair daily so its always dry and frizzy. i use so alot of hair products and i straighten it every day... so i know where your coming from. i use this shampoo and conditioner and i will NEVER use anything eles! you can really see a dffrence the second time you use it!
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 5:30 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• olive oil
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:31 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Garnier Frutcis length and strength leave in conditioner
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 5:33 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• you probably need a good haircut, and to lay off the hot tools/blowdryers/flat irons, too. if your hair is dry to the point of being brittle, its damaged, and there is no product, from a bottle or your cupboards, that will return it to normal. they will only 'mask' the issue.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:13 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Keratin treatments... or Brazilian Blowouts can do AMAZING things. The only problem is, if your hair is curly and you want it to stay that way, you're kind of screwed. Keratin leaves the hair moisturized, smooth, and totally glossy. The treatment isn't cheap but worth it to anyone facing unendng hair foes.

http://www.article-submissionservice.com/17881/pros-and-cons-of-brazilian-keratin-hair-treatment
    spastic_poodle

Answer by spastic_poodle at 8:35 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I am a true believer in JOICO KPAK HAIR REPAIR you get it at salons only & and its pricey but worth it. Put some on the areas only that you need & and leave on for as long as ya can like maybe when you are doing your house cleaning etc. wear a cap & let your body heat activate it even more to seal your cuticle. I use it and it works good I also have the KPAK conditioner, love these products. I would also try the hot olive oil treatment at home. GL
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 8:51 PM on Apr. 5, 2011