Imaginary Friends (pegen proffered, or really open minded) maybe bad spelling

my 2 1/2 y/o has a little friend that he has talked to in his own way for a little over a year now. at first i thought nothing of it. my grandmothers on both sides had "gifts" "abilities" or what have you, pre coge post coges, healing and what not. i my self grow up seeing and hearing spirits, to this day i can hear and despite my not wanting to some times see them. my husbands job gives us the ability to move a lot. after a year in our old house we moved across town to a new bigger house. i thought that when we moved his little friend (that i oddly couldn't see or hear) would stay at our old house well he seems to be still talking with someone. i called my mom who like me and my brother, his daughter, and our grandparents have "gifts" she thinks its "angles" i'm not share what it is but some times that seem to have good things to say like play nice with the dogs or eat your food. and some times not so much like throw the rock, or chase the dog, lay on the cat. any one have any idle or any idle what this might be or what i could do to help even my sanity.

Manda_Evans

Asked by Manda_Evans at 5:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Time for an evaluation. Your local hospital will be more than willing to oblige.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:28 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My daughter has a few "friends" she sees and talks to. Randall being her favorite.
    MsKaseyA

Answer by MsKaseyA at 5:30 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Having "Imaginary Friends" is a very normal and common phenomenon in your child's age group. They have very active imaginations. It is more of a very detailed "pretending" then an actual vision. I wouldn't read too much into your son's imaginary world at this point.

If he winds up having an active "psychic" life as he grows, he will come to this on his own. But, at this point, I would probably refrain from suggesting that to him or talking about that in front of him for a few very important reasons. I would also refrain from putting too much emphasis on the imaginary people with him. Just ignore it for now, if you can.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 5:36 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Um... I'm not really sure what you're saying. I'm sorry but this is so hard to read. But I think that imaginary friends are quite common in children. I know I had one for years, and yes she did move with me, so that she was with me at our new house too. I'm sure he will grow out of it... I did.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:08 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I had a "friend" when I was little. And he had ALOT in common with my grandfather that died when my dad was 12 (he was not talked about around me, since my dad was young & my grandma lived in another state). He left when i was about 4/5 i think.. The first time I seen a picture of him when i was about 7-8.. I felt i knew him.
    My dd (4.5) has a few of them. They have odd names. Who knows what it is? real? fake?... I dont care. No harm no foul.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 6:39 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• the thing is normaly i can see people who have pasted, i cant seem to see this one.
    Manda_Evans

Comment by Manda_Evans (original poster) at 6:56 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I would say it is just a normal, everyday imaginary friend. Many young children make up other "people" to play with and talk to. No they aren't real or spirits or anything of that nature. There are just a piece of child's imagination, invented for the sole purpose of entertaining your child. My son has an imaginary friend and it is just a cute, normal bit of his childhood. Don't stress about it =)
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 7:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Manda . . . . is this stressing you out because you can't see it, and are not sure what it is?
    Anonymous

• yea that's whats got me bugged. sorry to make it blunt but the dead i can deal with the unseen i dont know how to deal with.
    Manda_Evans

Comment by Manda_Evans (original poster) at 8:32 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• OK. If you can't see it, then I would just assume that it is an ordinary imaginary friend that he is pretending with. Don't let it freak you out. If you start feeling a lot of negativity, then consult with a spiritual advisor.

Because of his age, though, I think you are completely safe to assume that he isn't seeing anything from the other side . . .

Can you let it go?
    Anonymous