Does anyone have a child with OCD obsesive compulsive disorder?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• My oldest daughter is 15 and has OCD. She is constantly straightening things up and she counts everything.
    lonelyhere

Answer by lonelyhere at 12:39 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• My son is 18 and has classic autism. Just this year he has been displaying OCD behaviors. Being autistic, he has his routines and fits if anything changes. Now he's has started tapping his foot on the side of doors before entering, covering his ears and eyes repeatedly before grooming, closing the toilet lid three times, and slamming his cup on the counter a few times before leaving it ( to name a few ).I was told that this behavior sometimes goes in hand with autism. I just think it's annoying...but I try to make the best of it.
    PattyJoM

Answer by PattyJoM at 1:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• My daughter is 9 and was just diagnosed with OCD and an anxiety disorder. She constantly has "bad thoughts" and rituals that she has to perform or something bad will happen. And she is very concerned with heaven and hell. This has gotten so bad that it interferes with her school work and her social life. The dr. says that there are stressors that cause her condition to worsen at times. We have weeks of therapy ahead of us just to find out what these things are.
    tina0610

Answer by tina0610 at 3:08 PM on Aug. 21, 2008