Why do I feel more like a babysitter?

My parter and I have been together on and off for over a year until our daugter was born in oct 2010.
He asked me to marry him a month after our daughter was born and then everything changed. Our relationship is good until he goes through stages of not wanting to be committed that's why I spent 85% of my pregnancy alone. When I ask him questions about getting married he says when it happens or changes the subject. I could ask him for a kiss and all I get is a peck on the cheek. I spend almost all my time with our daughter at home cooking and cleaning the house. He only has to watch our daughter 3hours a week while I work for a day. He works a full-time job to pay the rent and food bill. I don't get mad at him because he works cause I don't pay anything except my bills. On his two days off he is always busy so that leaves me to take care of jojo. He always passes a comment cheaper to keep her. I dint get no credit or a thank you for anything I do for him or our family

N3yN3y

Asked by N3yN3y at 5:26 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• A better question is why are you allowing this to happen to you?!
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 5:30 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I think that is normal. he is tired from working all the time and doesn't understand what you do all day. bring it to his attention or thank him for stuff he does.. how often do you look at him and thank him for working so hard for where you live and making sure there is food on the table. it goes both ways...
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:36 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Everything he does I thank him for no matter what it might be. I've tired talking to him about stuff but it seems like it goes in one ear and out the other. It's almost like if it don't benfit him it doesnt matter or bother him.
    N3yN3y

Comment by N3yN3y (original poster) at 5:48 PM on Apr. 5, 2011