How much plastic surgery is too much? Is there such a thing? What do you think of this video?

I would probably never personally have any cosmetic surgery done,but that's just me. I've always just aged naturally, and let it go at that. This woman has set a record for plastic surgery,with 52. Do you think there should be a limit? Or should someone be able to pursue it as long as they have the desire and money?

http://news.yahoo.com/video/health-15749655/woman-takes-anti-age-surgeries-to-extreme-24795116

cbk_mom3

Asked by cbk_mom3 at 5:34 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• i have every intention of becoming a plastic surgeon when i graduate med school. that being said there is such a thing as plastic surgery addiction and it's brought on by Body Dysmorphia. people with plastic surgery addictions are never satisfied with what they see in a mirror, in fact they don't see what is really there when they look in a mirror, much like an anorexic. it's self destructive, like any addiction. no ONE surgeon would perform that many surgeries and surgeons are supposed to keep a close eye on medical records to see how many surgeries have been performed. body dysmorphia is often overlooked but any good surgeon will see the pattern and refuse surgery, recommend help, and make a huge note in the medical chart not to operate for other surgeons
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 5:49 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I think that is someone has that many plastic surgeries, they have a HUGE problem on the inside that nothing on the outside can fix. I personally wouldn't ever get plastic surgery unless it was reconstructive. I think a lot of women get surgeries for the wrong reasons.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:40 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• i think doctors should re-examine their motives in continuing to 'ruin' a person (ahem..MJ, for example) just because the patient comes with money-in-hand. there is a point, obviously, where the patient reaches a point of no return, and there is nothing that resembles the old-self any longer. (in the case of changing identities, this may be more reasonable.) however, in the pursuit of staying 'younger'..come on, does this lady look younger any longer? no, she just looks like she's had tons upon tons of plastic surgery.
    and it does reflect poorly on her doctors, IMO.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:41 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Cindy Jackson has been around a really long time on the talk show circut. She looks amazing. Actually, I know her goal at one time was to look like Barbie. I don't have a problem with people doing plastic surgery. Everyone has issues so she's got the money to fix them. She's written about surgery, done tv appearances, and recieved plenty of money to do it. I think primarily she was known as a singer at one time, however,It's not as if you could say she's an average person. Most people aren't quite as obsessive.
    If you actually made money doing it, it seems different to me. I think a few surgeries are exceptable.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 6:03 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• i agree with chgomom that she does look beautiful. as much as i don't agree with taking surgery to that extreme, she did do it very well. she did it slowly and looks young and not nip/tucked, unlike a lot of plastic surgery train wrecks
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 6:08 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• momofone725, that is very interesting. Body Dysmorphia sounds like a variation on Anorexia, or Bulimia, in that they are never satisfied with what they see, hence,they continue to seek more surgeries. Thank you for that very informative response. I have never heard that before.
    cbk_mom3

Comment by cbk_mom3 (original poster) at 5:52 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• not many have. it's not often talked about nor treated as the illness that it really is.
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 6:01 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• chgomom, I have to say,this is the first time I've heard of her. I will have to go on youtube and look up some of her interviews. She is very pretty, now, but I also think there should be a limit.
    cbk_mom3

Comment by cbk_mom3 (original poster) at 6:11 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I think as long as a person looks like themselves and is happy... they're within "okay" limits.
    spastic_poodle

Answer by spastic_poodle at 8:32 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• They showed the lady on yahoo.If she has the money it is her body and her decision. But she is not normal to do all that.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 8:48 AM on Apr. 6, 2011