What can i do with left over gumbo?

I have left over sausage and shrimp gumbo. it has onions, spices, bell peppers and okra. What can i do? i threw away the liquid.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Mix it with some rice, salt & pepper & serve with cornbread. Or...cut some squares of puff pastry, put in cupcake tin, bake & fill with warmed up gumbo. YUM!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 5:42 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• u can send it my way lol? sounds yummy! i like ^^^'s idea, rice is always good & cornbread mmmm
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 5:46 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Next time freeze it with the liquid. I always freeze my left over gumbo in small portions. That way I'll have quick meals. Without the liquid, You can make jambalaya out of what you have left.Make a sausage and shrimp pie (Omgosh that is good). Or mix it with a can of Rotel or diced tomatoes and serve it over rice. You can use it to make a great fritatta or add it to omlets in the morning. Can you tell I love gumbo!
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 6:15 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Freeze it.
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 6:31 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I was going to also suggest freezing it or serving it over some rice or pasta
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 10:52 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• eat it in a tortilla - yum!!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:59 PM on Apr. 6, 2011