Sex in the same room as your baby sleeps?

I've heard of people whose baby sleeps in their room, having sex in their bed during the night.

do you think that is inappropriate or child abuse? if youre being discreet or not?

do you think its inappropriate or child abuse if you masturbate in your bed, discreetly, in the same room as your baby is sleeping?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• no. it's not child abuse. if the baby is sleeping then they are not being exposed to anything
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 6:11 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• not child abuse IMO
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 6:12 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• ..... uhhhh..... i dont think its appropiate.... why would someone want to have sex or masterbate when their baby is in the room.... i would feel really weird about it...
    some people might argue that the baby doesnt no whats going on... but still... not cool in my opinion...
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 6:12 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• baby would have no idea.

but for me... eww... i SO couldnt get into it.
    Anonymous

• depends on what you consider a baby. Some can consider a baby age 5 lol that is to old. I couldn't do it in the bed as my child is in no matter what age, but my kids have been in bassinets and I oviously did it. We shared a room with my oldest until 6 months and youngest until 3 months.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 6:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• It if just fine
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 6:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• When mine was little and in my room, I would wheel him out of the room Guilty because I didn't feel right. But IDK
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 6:16 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• If the child is asleep and is really an infant (instead of saying baby, which is subject to interpretation), then why not? Keeping quiet enough to not wake Baby was my only problem with it.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 6:43 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• And I find the abuse implication just wrong! Theres no way to call it abuse; not physical, not emotional.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 6:44 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I have heard of little kids being scarred for life because their careless parents did it while they were in the same room. That is NOT okay. While I think it should be avoided, I don't think there is anything wrong with doing it while your infant (under 6 months) is asleep in the same room, as long as you can be next to silent. We share a room with my DD right now and so we have taken our recreation elsewhere in the house, which is actually spicing up our love life. :)
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 8:30 PM on Apr. 5, 2011