third birthday question????

So madi is going to be three on the 3rd of January!!!! she is extremely in the know that her birthday is coming, and is really excited. This year I wanted to do something more hands on fun for her So... I was thinking of doing a cupcake themed party. Where the guests can decorate their own cupcakes. Don't ya think that would be fun??? I have no idea what else to do then. I'm planning her birthday to be two hours like previous years. But i'm hitting a wall. Also the guests coming to her party are mainly adults. with the exception of 4 other kids. Ranging in age from 10months. to 7 years.
So ladies, you have always been a great deal of help to me. Should I change the theme to something else? or stay with the cupcakes, but I need more things to do...

madismama

Asked by madismama at 10:04 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i like the cupcake idea... maybe you could find some other crafts they can do... like making crowns, making things out of tissue paper, things lik that
    Anonymous

• What is she interested in? I just had a cookie decorating party with my kindergarten class. They had SO much fun! I think it would be a cute idea to have them decorate their own cupcakes. I have boys so I really don't know anything about having a girly party. I like the idea of having other crafts to do at the party. It's close enough to Christmas where you could have Christmas crafts to do.
    funnymom32

Answer by funnymom32 at 10:45 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• You could make a game, pin the sprinkles on the cupcake. Giant picture of cupcake, blind fold, sprinkles on pins. It could be amusing.
    chandelier01

Answer by chandelier01 at 12:04 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Cupcake decorating sounds really cute, but may not be age appropriate for kids younger than your daughter.
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 11:19 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I'd stick to the cupcake activity and then just let everyone kind of hang out, visit, let the kids play, do presents etc. Eventhough she's aware her birthday is coming, a party with a lot of activities can still be very overwhelming.

Quick story: my sister had a friend party for my niece's third birthday. Princess theme, only invited three other kids (one for each year of age is the rule of thumb). Long story short she got so worked up she ended up making herself sick and the party had to end before they could do any type of craft.

So have fun with your cupcakes and try not to stress about it.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 2:35 PM on Nov. 30, 2008