What other ways can you break your water without being induced.....

cause im 39 weeks and 1 day and ive tried sex and just a little bit of walking. cause i am having a lot i mean a lot of pelvic pressure and contractions and i lost my mucus plug with blood in it. so ladies please tell me how you broke your water or what things can i do to break my water?? cause my due date is April 11th.

Tricia737

Asked by Tricia737 at 6:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You don't break your water, you don't want to break your water - really!! I know the last days/weeks are SO hard, but baby will come just as soon as he/she is fully ready. Hang in there!!

With my fourth I labored with unbroken water until I was 9.5 cm!!!! Very little pain - well, compared to labor with my water broken. That water gives baby a cushion AND YOU a cushion against the painful contractions. Really!!! I think you will regret it in the long run!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Dont try and do that. It will come on its on.
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 6:27 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Dont break your water the goal is to keep the baby inside as long as you can unless it becomes dangerous. be patient. I promise you the baby will be here withing 4 weeks.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:29 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Why exactly do you want to break your water. You do realize that doesnt mean labor is starting and the doctor sweeping your membranes or breaking your water doesn't usually speed things up either? Let the baby stay in as long as they need to and don't rush things. I understand that is hard, but it sounds like you are close so just let things happen as they will. 40 weeks is NOT an expiation date. Normal pregnancies are 38-42 weeks long so let little one stay in there as long as they need to.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:29 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Very bad idea.
    melly_v88

Answer by melly_v88 at 6:37 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• You can try things to help naturally progress labor but actually trying to break the water is a bad idea. Even if you feel like sex isnt helping its possible that it is. Semen helps soften and dialate the cirvix so this is something that you wont necessarily feel. Also when you get off it releases your bodys natural form of potocin which doctors use to help induce labor. (but you have to do it alot because just like being induced you Dont get just one shot of potocin its a whole IV) masterbation works the same as sex as in when you get off it will r3releases that same hormone. The walking thing you also cant just do alittle, you need to walk alot this will help your cirvix dialate. So again you May not be able to tell its working. I cant promise these will work but these are the safe ways to naturally induce labor.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 6:46 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Your water breaking does not necessarily have to happen until the hospital. If you are having a lot of contractions...I would be going in now to see if you are already in labor. Don't wait for your water to break.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:03 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Breaking your water is a BAD idea...it exposes your baby to infection and it's really just smarter to let nature run it's course. I know from experience how difficult those last weeks/days/minutes can be, but ultimately i'm sure you want a healthy baby and the best way to ensure that you will have one is to just be patient a litttttle bit longer.
    ShainaMay

Answer by ShainaMay at 7:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Breaking your water is SO incredibly dangerous. The cord can get caught between the baby's head and your cervix, KILLING your baby. Not to mention it is NOT a guarantee you'll even go into labor. My water broke 14 hours before I even had a contraction. I still had to have some "help". Many babies are born with the bag of waters intact (in the caul), which is perfectly fine. It is extremely dangerous to try to break your water yourself. I BEG you not to do it.
    Babies come when they're ready, even if Mom is ready much sooner. Try to be patient. I know it's easier said than done, but is it really worth risking your child's health and/or life because you're impatient??
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:06 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Breaking your water means you have to walk around for days-weeks gushing fluid while waiting for labor to start, not so fun.

And it can be risky...

( You know that water breaking doesn't mean *Labor* right ? )
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:35 PM on Apr. 5, 2011