Is having diareha when pregnant dangerous?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I gave you a bump.. I'm 26 weeks and have been having a problem with that, so I guess I'll be checking back for answers too!
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 6:23 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I don't think so I had it when I was pregnant, I liked that way better than being constipated I always kept thinking I was going to psh that boy right out of me while constipated lol but No I don't believe so not at all my son was very healthy!
    HypoHeartBaby

Answer by HypoHeartBaby at 6:23 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• For a prolonged period of time it's not good. Also depending on why you have diarrhea (food poisoning, flu, etc). Diarrhea causes dehydration which can lower the amount of amniotic fluid. I'd talk to your OB if it's been more than a few days of having it, better to be safe than sorry, ya know.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 6:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I dont think so.
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 6:27 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I think it may be from the heartburn medication the doc put me on but i have only had it twice, but i dont know for sure if that is what it is from and I was just concerned.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:28 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• It is if it lasts or is too severe. It can cause dehydration, which is dangerous anytime.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:31 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Just make sure you stay hydrated.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:55 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• How far along are you? Sometimes diarrhea can be a sign of the onset of labor...you're body will naturally clean itself out to help make room for the baby.

If it's just from an upset stomach, you should be fine though. Just stay hydrated. Think about seeing a doctor if it lasts more than a few days.
    MichaelsMom330

Answer by MichaelsMom330 at 7:21 PM on Apr. 5, 2011