My 8 month old?

I see friends children and other peoples babies that are either the same age or slightly older that do more that my son. He hasn't starting crawling yet we sometimes put him in his walker to play with the things on the walker. He rarely even moves in it. I also have a few friends babies who have their two bottom teeth in and mine doesn't. I'm scared I'm doing something wrong. My son can't crawl yet or have teeth and he doesn't like baby food. I was also told after 12 months old the state I live in will drop WIC for my son because he should be eating table food and drinking whole milk. I'm scared he's going to be a very very later bloomer or something. Does anyone have advice or can tell me if your child/children were late? Did their teeth grow in by 5 months or so? Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son has 2 teeth already and he is 4 months old but every child does things at diffrent ages but there are exercises that you can do with him that will make him want to move and bounce more
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 10:28 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• ok my son didnt start getting his teeth until he was almost 10 mths then he got all of them at the same time.As for the crawling....have you talked to his pedi?And just put him on the floor ALL the time.As much as you can.Some babies are just late bloomers and sometimes they learn everything at once.Good luck hun!
    tomsbrandi

Answer by tomsbrandi at 10:31 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• My daughter started to crawl AFTER she was walking all by herself... she was 14months by then. Before that she was laying on her belly and pulled herself with her hands wherever she wanted to go to.

Her first teeth came through when she was 4.5 months old. In every book you can read that babies usually start getting teeth between 8-10 months, some later and some earlier.

There is not much you can do about the walking/crawling and the teeth-thing. Every baby is different.

The food situation is all up to you. At 4months old you usually start giving the baby cereal and such. Yes, they should be on solids at age 1. did your son NEVER eat baby food yet or just not right now?! babies have phases where they miss the bottle feeding and wont eat solids anymore. my daughter was in this phase too for a couple weeks.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 10:35 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• My son is 10 months old and still not crawling. I really wouldn't worry. Babies are all different. Some babies go directly to walking without crawling first. Crawling is not counted as a milestone in development because the times vary so much. As for teeth, I'm sure they will come in soon.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 10:54 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• My DD will be 8 mo next week....still no teeth, pulls herself along on her stomach but doesn't crawl and I'm not worried at all. She'll do it in her own time. She's a happy well-adjusted baby and that's what counts. Relax Mommy, I'm sure your doing a good job.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 10:59 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I don't know what is wrong with the WIC in your state, I would honestly double check that they will drop you because babies are recommended to stay on some sort of formula until they are at LEAST 18 months old, to take them off before that is irresponsible and most doctors will tell you so. And as for teething, I myself didn't get teeth till I was 13 months old, my son's came in at ten months, my friend's son at 2 weeks... It all varies wildly. And crawling, as so many people have already told you, is also a variable and not indicative of anything. I would double check the WIC thing, but other than that, stop worrying. Babies are not clocks, they can't do things "when they're supposed to". They do them when they're ready.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Nov. 30, 2008