Shampoo Vacuums

Do you buy your own or do you rent? What kind do you rent? Do you use certain products on your floor?

melly_v88

Asked by melly_v88 at 6:41 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I do my own with my own shampooer. I spent about $200 on it, but I could not tell you what brand it is at the moment. LOL I have a couple different cleaners for specific issues like pet odors or mold for small incidents, but when I am doing a large room, I use laundry detergent and my carpets smell great. You just have to watch out for when it needs emptied because it puts out a little more foam than regular "made for shampooers" detergent.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:50 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I have a Bissell and love it. It cleans my carpets really well, plus the house is always left smelling really good also.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 8:21 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I used to rent a Rug Doctor one from our local grocery store but I finally broke down and bought my own. I would only suggest to you that you buy one you can break down and clean. The one I bought you cannot so there are spots that you always see crud that ran through it as you cleaned your carpets. It's kind of gross.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 9:05 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• We own a Rug Doctor..
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:27 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I have my own Bissell.
    kiran595

Answer by kiran595 at 11:06 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• rent or borrow
    JHanc968

Answer by JHanc968 at 10:34 PM on Apr. 16, 2011