Can you be in love with two people at once?

?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• I would have to say no but thats just me !
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 7:05 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Nope!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:06 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• imo, if you think you're in love with 2 people at once, you're confused and love neither, but lust over both. i believe it's possible to care strongly for 2 people, but "in love".. no. i think you're confused unless you're involved in a polyamorous relationship.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 7:08 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• absolutely. Love isn't quantitative....you can definitely be attracted to/in love with more than one person at a time. Why do you think polyamory exists?
    ShainaMay

Answer by ShainaMay at 7:08 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• you could love both but not be in love. to be in love totally 100% , all this love, time and energy needs to be going to that one special person. you can't serve two masters at once..
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 7:09 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Yep. I am in the same boat. I love the guy I was dating, but also love my husband whom I recently got back together with ... as we decided to try to give it one more shot here before walking away. Am I confused? Absolutely. But I agree love isn't quantitative. And it is confusing, frustrating, wonderful, hurtful ... so many emotions combined into that one little word and HUGE emotion.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 7:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I think you can. It might be different levels of love, but you can love more than one person at the same time.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 7:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• You can love lots of people, like friends and family.
    But as in " i am in love with you", no. If you feel like you are in love with 2 people, you dont know what love is. Its just infatuation. If you really loved someone, you would never want to hurt them. And loving someone else would hurt them. IMO
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 7:40 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• no. i think you can lust for one person while being in love with someone else. maybe that person isn't giving you something you want or need. so you get it from the other person thinking you're in love.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 7:52 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Yes. When I was young I always foolishly thought it would be great to have 2 guys fight for me. Now, not so great. Someone gets hurt and I hate hurting people.
    You can love more then one person just like you love more then one child. It just may be a different type of love.

mrsvixen

Answer by mrsvixen at 7:58 PM on Apr. 5, 2011