Update on the mouse question....and another ??

One drowned in the dish water someone forgot to pull the plug on and we just got another one in one of the traps....How many mice should I expect to be dealing with here? I am grossed out beyond words!! Thank God SO isn't afraid of them!!

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 10:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I am reminded of the garbage can where we keep our bird seed. One time the lid wasn't put on tight. Inside the can sitting on the seed were three very happy and chubby mice.

Answer by Bmat at 10:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• There could be many many. Good luck.

Answer by Bmat at 10:30 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• UGH!!! I was afraid of that!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:33 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• You should invest in a natural mouse trap. Wanna borrower my cat!
    Amber1109

Answer by Amber1109 at 10:40 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• If you see one there are usually lots. Try and keep food in air tight containers, and keep your bagged garbage WELL away from the house. It's that time of year where they want to get out of the cold and food is scarce for them. Do everything you can to keep food out of their reach and the numbers will go down. They dont stay where they cant get food easily
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:42 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I wish I could have a cat!! I can't have one b/c my SO is deathly allergic to them and our park mgr doesn't allow us to have pets. :(
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:02 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• My mom kept her dog food in the garage a few yrs back and they burrowed through the drywall and set up house keeping. She became over run with the little buggers...I think she caught 34 all said and done. When you see one know it has friends.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:14 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Call an exterminator. Mice are disgusting, disease spreading pests!! I'd freak out if I found them in my home. There is this REALLY great stuff called DeCon. They are green pellets or squares and the mice love to eat them. They eat them and then the mice go back to their nests and die, but the stuff dries them out and they just shrivel up and never smell. We use them at work and they might smell for a day or so after they die, but after that they don't smell anymore. Good luck!!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:31 PM on Nov. 30, 2008